International exchange students
Application deadlines for international exchange students:
- May 15 for the fall semester*
- November 15 for the spring semester*
*For semester dates, please refer to our Academic Calendar.
Exchange students will find useful information in our International Student Guide.
MCI only accepts international exchange students from partner universities (official nomination by email required). After students have been nominated to study at MCI, they will be informed about the application procedure. The application deadlines above are also valid for exchange students who are already studying at MCI and would like to extend their stay at MCI by one semester.
To ensure students' optimal success, all incoming exchange students* are required to take an online English test during the application process. This test will be provided by MCI and is free of charge. Information on the test and the required minimum score will be provided during the application period.
Alternatively, if students have already taken a standardized English language test, they may submit the result of that test instead of doing our online English test. We accept the following tests:
- TOEFL: TOEFL iBT: minimum score 85; TOEFL PBT: minimum score 550
- IELTS: minimum overall band score 6.0
- Cambridge English Business Vantage (BEC Vantage): A/B in all four skills; alternatively, students may submit a BEC Higher exam result
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): A/B in all four skills; alternatively, students may submit a CPE exam result
© MCI (Video 1) / © Matthew Hendrix (Video 2)